Young Systematists' Forum

Russell Seymour rss at NHM.AC.UK
Fri Aug 2 09:33:18 CDT 2002

Dear Taxacomers

I am writing to invite postgraduate and recent postdoctoral researchers to
attend the fourth annual Young Systematists' Forum to be held at the
Natural History Museum, London in December. Previous years have seen young
scientists from all across the world with contributions from European,
American and Australian young systematists.

We believe that this represents an important and useful opportunity to
young scientists to present, and discuss, their research to their peers, as
well as to 'senior' scientists in attendance.

Details of the day are given below. Please contact the event organisers for
further information. Please do pass this mail on to anyone else who may be
interested (We can supply a .pdf flyer/poster for notice boards if anyone
would like to post the information).

Thank you.

RUSS

4th Young Systematist's Forum

 From 10.30 am, Thursday, 5th December 2002
The Flett Theatre
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK

CALL  FOR  ABSTRACTS

The Young Systematist's Forum represents an exciting, annual setting for
postgraduate students and young postdoctoral researchers to present their
data, often for the first time, to a scientific audience interested in
taxonomy, systematics and phylogenetic inference. The meeting provides an
important opportunity for budding systematists to discuss their research in
front of their peers, and hopefully supervisors too, within a supportive
environment. There is space for up to 15 speakers with additional places
available for those wishing to present a poster. A prize will be awarded
for the most promising oral and poster presentations as judged by a small
panel on the day.

Registration is FREE. For further information see
"http://www.systass.org/". Please send applications to either
r.seymour at nhm.ac.uk or r.stothard at nhm.ac.uk

Dr. Russell Seymour

Mammal Type Collection Database Project
and
Taxonomy, Phylogeny and Systematics of the Neotragine Antelopes

The Natural History Museum, London
Cromwell Road
London
SW7 5BD