Bivalves-first molluscs (my cladogram)

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 28 16:41:21 CDT 2002

Dear All,
     For Heaven's sake!!!  I guess I just can't win no matter what I do
(Roth says I quote too little and Clark says I quote too much).  I
selectively quoted the polite and relevant part of Lindberg's post for
background (I thought I was doing him a favor by omitting the long rant).
Selectively quoting from an identified source does not violate copyright
laws.
     Like Goldilocks' mother bear, I tried to do it "just right", and I get
attacked from both sides (much as strict cladists and strict eclecticists
attack the Kinman System from both sides).  It's really ashame we aren't
using this bandwidth to discuss molluscan phylogeny and classification (as
that was my intent).
     I shall henceforth boil my posts down to the bare minimum, and if
someone wants more background, I guess they will have to ask.  I'm tired of
politics and semantics (and differing views of "manners") getting in the way
and diverting attention from biology.  I have better things to do, and now
in a bad mood, so I leave it at that.
              ----- Ken