Citrus and DNA

Uffelen Uffelen at HORTUS.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Thu Aug 29 11:41:09 CDT 2002

Dear TAXACOM-ers,

Over the past years, a small group of Dutch Citrus enthousiasts has made an
inventory of old Citrus cultivars still kept in The Netherlands, and made a
provisional key for the genus. We are currently preparing a publication on
the subject. As you know, the history of this kind of long-bred (and
crossed) taxa is extremely complicated and difficult to reconstruct. We are
wondering if DNA-analysis would be of any help.
Does anyone know of any publications or even ongoing DNA-research on Citrus
and its relatives?
We would be very grateful if you could help us!

Gerda van Uffelen
Collection manager
Hortus botanicus Leiden
The Netherlands