new combination?

Andy Deans adeans at LIFE.UIUC.EDU
Tue Dec 31 15:37:07 CST 2002

A quick and hopefully easy taxonomy question for anyone who can help's the scenario:

A species is described in genus X in 1900, then transfered to genus Q in
1905.  Someone wrongly (in my opinion) transfers this species back to genus
X in 1912.  Now I want to reassign it to genus Q again.  Is that still a
"new combination"?  If not, what's the appropriate term/abbreviation to use
in my manuscript?  I appreciate the help!

Happy New Year!!!


More information about the Taxacom mailing list