Herbarium Pest Control

Donna I. Ford-Werntz dford2 at WVU.EDU
Wed Oct 2 14:56:21 CDT 2002

In the process of moving to new quarters live herbarium beetles were
discovered in some backlog material (stored in improper conditions).  What
is everyone doing these days for pest control?  The present concern is to
specifically eradicate this pest from a relatively small amount of
material.  However, I would be interested in broader dicussion of
prevention/treatment methods also!

Donna I. Ford-Werntz     West Virginia Univ.

Herbarium Curator (WVA)  Box 6057

Assoc. Prof. Biol.       Morgantown, WV 26506

5230 Life Sciences       293-5201 X31549
email: dford2 at wvu.edu    fax: (304)293-6363

Web site at http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/