Herbarium Pest Control

Thu Oct 3 07:44:49 CDT 2002

At 12:19 PM 10/3/02 +0000, you wrote:
>    The only question is: does it or does not influence the results of DNA
>extracting for sequencing ???

Lord knows I'm no molecular biologist, but I have a hard time believing it
would.  Aren't DNA samples routinely frozen to preserve them?  On the other
hand, the other standard fumigation method, microwaving, would, I assume,
disrupt the double helix.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: