Gray Index/Herbarium Pests

Donna I. Ford-Werntz dford2 at WVU.EDU
Thu Oct 3 12:30:59 CDT 2002

Thanks for all the great feedback (both posted and to me directly); I knew
that I could count on my colleagues to come through!  (The choices for me
are clear: IPNI and deep freezing, respectively).  For more about pest
control, the papers by Strang & by Barringer in SPNHC's "Managing the
Modern Herbarium" (Metsger, ed., 1999) were recommended (now if only I
could find in what box the movers packed my copy...).  I'm compiling a list
of the various freezing procedures I received and will be happy to send it
to anyone wanting more specific details.

Donna I. Ford-Werntz     West Virginia Univ.

Herbarium Curator (WVA)  Box 6057

Assoc. Prof. Biol.       Morgantown, WV 26506

5230 Life Sciences       293-5201 X31549
email: dford2 at wvu.edu    fax: (304)293-6363

Web site at http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/