Type specimens

Dr. Gerald Stinger Guala stinger at FAIRCHILDGARDEN.ORG
Thu Oct 3 13:03:32 CDT 2002

We routinely loan specimen images and have made more than 100 virtual loans.
Actually, what usually happens is we get a request for a loan of an entire
genus and reply with a list of our holdings and the images of them and ask
to keep one specimen of their choosing here for ID. The researcher then very
often responds that the images are all that they really needed or that only
a few of the actual specimens are actually needed.

Gerald "Stinger" Guala, Ph.D.
Keeper of the Herbarium
Fairchild Tropical Garden Research Center
11935 Old Cutler Rd.
Coral Gables, FL 33156-4299

www.virtualherbarium.org