CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT

Beach, James H beach at KU.EDU
Sun Oct 20 15:15:13 CDT 2002

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT

Metadiversity III:  Global Access for Biodiversity Through Integrated
Systems November 18-19, 2002 Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia, PA Attendance
Fee:  $175.00

Metadiversity III is the third in a series of events hosted jointly by the
National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) and NFAIS to help
respond to the national and international grand challenges in the area of
biodiversity information management.  The year's event will build upon the
two previous conferences, with a special focus on the actual processes
required for integration of multiple information resources into a fully
interoperable network targeted toward professional researchers.

Confirmed speakers include representatives from the following organizations:

American Museum of Natural History
Brooklyn Botanic Gardens
CABI
Expert Centre for Taxonomic Identification, University of Amsterdam Florida
Fish & Wildlife Commission, Florida Marine Research Institute Openly
Informatics Spatial Metadata Consulting University of Georgia, Institute of
Ecology University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign University of Pennsylvania

Further details regarding the program, speakers and associated fees can be
found at: http://www.nfais.org/EventDetails.asp?EventID=12

**A room block has been reserved for the attendees of the conference at the
Doubletree Hotel, Philadelphia, PA at an attractive rate of $119.00 per
night.  To make reservations, call 1-800-222-8733 or contact the Doubletree
directly at 215-893-1600.  Please specify that you are part of the NFAIS
meeting when you make your reservation, and in order to receive this special
rate, you must register prior to October 30.**

Information regarding the Metadiversity I conference can be found on our Web
site at:  http://www.nfais.org/MetaDiversity1.asp.  In addition, we have
published the summary of findings from the 2001 meeting in PDF file format.
Please feel free to contact me for a complimentary copy of the report in PDF
file format.

We trust you will find the event to be of value to your ongoing work and
look forward to seeing your name on our list of registered attendees.

(Metadiversity III is being held under Cooperative Agreement 02HQAGO111
between the U.S. Geological Survey & NFAIS.)

For more information or if you have questions, contact:

Jill O'Neill
Director, Planning & Communication
NFAIS
voice: 215-893-1561