data localities

James Kruse fnjjk1 at UAF.EDU
Tue Oct 22 11:35:55 CDT 2002

on 10/22/02 4:27 AM, Snow, Neil at Neil.Snow at UNCO.EDU wrote:

> Try looking up "Cottonwood Creek" in a comprehensive gazetteer of western
> states in the USA... another example of numerous places with the same name.
> NS

Up in the land of "Moose Lake"s and "Salmon River"s, my favorites include
the multitudes of "No Name" Lake/River/Hill, etc., and "Un-named"
Lake/Creek/etc., which sometimes _are_ the names, but then some are actually
without a name, or un-named, which amounts to some exasperation around here.

James J. Kruse, Ph.D.
Adjunct Faculty and Curator of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum
907 Yukon Drive
Fairbanks, AK, USA 99775-6960
tel 907.474.5579