Alsophis antillensis Sibonus (or Sibonius), Culubridae ?, Serpentes

Ken Kinman kinman at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 25 01:42:23 CDT 2002

Friedrich,
      Hopefully Cope gave the etymology of the name sibonius.  If not, my
best guess would be that it might have something to do with the snake genus
Sibon (which is also in Family Colubridae) of Central America and northern
South America.  Perhaps some resemblance in appearance or behavior (but this
is just an educated guess).
     ----- Good luck,   Ken