Help for authority sought

Tue Oct 29 07:31:19 CST 2002

At 03:45 PM 10/29/02 +1300, you wrote:
>Can anyone help with where I can find details for the authority for
>Solanum americanum var. baylisii  D'Arcy (synonym fo S. gracilius
>Herter; S. gracile Otto; S. ottonis and S. sublobatum)?

Can you clarify the question?  When most people say "authority" they mean
the author of the name, but you have that -- Bill D'Arcy.  Do you mean the
bibliographic citation of the place of publication of the name?  If so, it
is: Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden 61: 837 (1974).

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: