the question about year...

Vr.R.E.M.J..-B. BEJSAK-COLLOREDO-MANSFELD ricardo at ANS.COM.AU
Thu Dec 11 11:49:32 CST 2003

Dear colleaques
in Herren Grimm and Schawallers paper has some species described by Carl Koch are dated 1944
But when I am compiling my database of Tenebrionidae I am checking all description myself and I have discovered that
journal called :  Mittailungen der Munchener Ent.Ges.,
XXXIV, Jahrgang 1944 Heft II
has on bottom front page date of printing 1948
and even article has small print on front of paper on p.255:
Ausgegeben 1.december 1948

What is therefore proper dating of new species...
from my point of view 1948...

Keep care and be of good cheer

Regards

(name) Vratislav Richard Eugene Maria John Baptist
(surname) of Bejsak (Bayshark)-Colloredo-Mansfeld

Tenebrionidae of the World, incl. Alleculinae and Lagriinae,
higher taxonomy, Australian beetles.
websites:
http://www.coleoptera.org. and
http://www.egroups.com/group/coleoptera

University of Sydney
The Wentworth Bldg., B 62
NSW 2006
AUSTRALIA
phone  :  +61 414 540 465
email: ricardo at ans.com.au
          vratislav at bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13610107

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
only after the last river has been poisoned,
only after the last fish has been caught,
only then will you find that money can not be eaten.'
        CREE INDIAN PROPHECY.

Incoming  mail is certified Virus Free.