Status of the Biocode

Jerry Bricker jerry_bricker at MAC.COM
Mon Feb 3 16:34:26 CST 2003

Hello all,

I'm reviewing the ICBN in my plant taxonomy class and I'd like to
make summary comments on the BioCode.  Can anyone give me an
assessment of where the Biocode stands?  It is my impression that it
is dead and that discussion has moved on to the Phylocode.  If I'm
correct would anyone be willing to objectively summarize the reasons
behind the demise of the Biocode?

I know I'm opening a can of worms here but I need to bring my
knowledge base on the status of the various codes up a few notches.

Cheers!

JB

--

_______________________________________

Jerry Bricker
Assistant Professor of Biology
Department of Biological Sciences
Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505
Phone: 580-581-2374
FAX: 580-591-8004
E-mail: jerry_bricker at mac.com
Website: cameron.edu/~jeraldbr

"If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong. In that simple
statement is the key to science. It doesn't matter how beautiful the
theory is, how smart you are, or what your name is - if it disagrees
with experiment, it's wrong."

Richard P. Feyman