Unknown plant from Costa Rican paramo

Börge Pettersson Borge.Pettersson at CBM.SLU.SE
Sun Feb 9 19:17:42 CST 2003

Dear fellow biologists,
As I received no suggestions the first time, I would like to ask again
for help with determination of a yellow-flowered plant I photographed
in paramo vegetation at Cerra de la Muerte in Costa Rica 19 Oct. 2002.

It might be a Melastomataceae, but I am not at all sure and in case it
is I know nothing about genus or species.

Please find a photo at:
http://arbetsplats.slu.se:4032/Shared%20Documents/Melastomataceae.jpg

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Börge Pettersson

  Börge Pettersson
  Swedish Biodiversity Centre
  Box 7007      Tel: +46-18 67 27 44 , +46-70 325 21 69
  SE-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden        Fax: +46-18 67 34 80