extinct species

Fri Jan 24 13:21:43 CST 2003

At 11:30 PM 1/23/03 -0600, Anita F. Cholewa wrote:
>Can anyone give me some examples of vascular plants that are known to have
>gone extinct in the continental US/Can since colonial times?  (Not
>counting Franklinia).

Thismia americana N. Pfeiff. (Burmanniaceae), last seen in 1916 near Lake
Calumet, Chicago, Illinois.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: