Strange Bird

Robin Leech releech at TELUSPLANET.NET
Sun Jan 26 23:10:05 CST 2003

Other than the pure taxonomic discussions, this is another aspect of TAXACOM
that I really enjoy.  Keep it up.
Robin Leech

----- Original Message -----
From: "scott ranger" <scottranger at ATTBI.COM>
To: <TAXACOM at USOBI.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 7:07 PM
Subject: Strange Bird

I'm no expert, but I agree with Ken that this is most likely a Junco, albeit
a strange one. The bill is nothing like the Chickadee's(genus Parus) I see
every day, but virtually identical to the Slate-colored junco's that are at
my feeder every day. It has the somewhat rufous flanks of an Oregon Junco,
and part of the "executioner's cap" but not all of it. I think it is
probably an odd genetic morph of an Oregon, perhaps with some pink-sided,
junco.

Scott Ranger