Databases for multiple view taxonomy

Anthony Pigott Anthony.Pigott at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Jan 29 23:04:59 CST 2003

Dear All

Some while ago there was some discussion about database systems /
software to support multiple taxonomies or publication centred taxonomy,
i.e., all the past views rather than one current 'accepted taxon' view.
There are a few systems around with at least prototype software
available, e.g. Syngraph, Nomencurator and Prometheus.

I'd be grateful to hear if anyone has experience of using any of these
or similar systems in a 'real' piece of monographic work.  I'd like to
use such a system and whilst very tempted to do the modelling and
database design myself, I know better than to try if there's something
usable out there. Thanks.

Regards

Anthony