Systematics vs. Taxonomy

Wed Jul 2 09:12:46 CDT 2003

Taxonomy, as originally defined, included naming and classification.  It seems
to me that the methods employed to construct the classification are immaterial -
constructing classifications is a taxonomic goal.

--
Richard J. Jensen              | tel: 574-284-4674
Department of Biology      | fax: 574-284-4716
Saint Mary's College         | e-mail: rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Notre Dame, IN 46556    | http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rjensen