Manter Laboratory Operational in Nebraska

Scott Lyell Gardner slg at UNL.EDU
Thu Jul 3 10:16:26 CDT 2003

                                    `                                    July 3, 2003Important News from the Harold W. Manter Laboratory of Parasitology                        The University of Nebraska-LincolnDear Colleagues:I should like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who wrote letters to the administration here in Nebraska in support of the Harold W. Manter Laboratory of Parasitology (HWML) and the rest of the University of Nebraska State Museum. Even though we were not able to retain all of the research functions of the various divisions directly within the UN State Museum, the research areas that have been left intact, include the HWML (Parasitology), Entomology (Team Scarab), and most, but not all parts of both the divisions of Vertebrate Paleontology and Zoology.  You probably have seen other thank you notes come by from the divisions listed above.

The bottom line is that the HWML is now operating at normal levels and we are accepting specimens, making loans, conducting and supporting field-work, and continuing with our mission of research, training, collection development, and information management in parasitology (see: http://hwml.unl.edu).

At time of this writing, personnel within the Manter Laboratory (and partly in the School of Biological Sciences) include a curator, one curatorial assistant funded by the NSF, two Ph.D. students, a volunteer librarian, 3 National Science Foundation funded R.E.U. students, 12 research associate advisors, and one open position for collection manager in the Manter Laboratory.

Again, your support is very much appreciated.

Feel free to conact me at any time with questions or comments.

Thank you!

Scott

Scott Lyell Gardner, Ph.D.Director, Harold W. Manter Laboratory of Parasitology

School of Biological Sciences
W-529 Nebraska Hall
The University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0514