the fruit

Robin Leech releech at TELUSPLANET.NET
Fri Jul 4 09:56:06 CDT 2003

Thanks, Tony.
This is in regard to the picture that Dr Czako asked about a week to 10 days ago.
Robin Leech
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kudus
  To: czako at mail.biol.sc.edu
  Cc: Robin Leech
  Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 8:01 AM
  Subject: the fruit

  Dear Dr. Czako, this is the info on the fruit.
  There are 2 spp : (1) from western part of Indonesia, the species is Phaleria macrocarpa (vern. name : mahkota dewa); (2) from eastern part of the country, it is P. papuana (vern. name[s] : pusaka [heritage of] dewa [god]; mahkota [crown of] ratu [queen]). I would think that your fruit belongs to P. papuana (judging from the place where you have found it). I hope this will be of use to you.
  Regards.
  Soenartono (Tony) Adisoemarto