PhyloCode: The real problem...again

Jan Bosselaers dochterland at PANDORA.BE
Sun Jul 6 21:54:48 CDT 2003

Curtis Clark wrote:

> Nomenclatural issues have always inspired among some a passion that is
> IMO
> all out of proportion to their significance.

Strange indeed. I wonder what the extravagant, irascible Swede with the
fake Lapp clothes would think about our dispute. He might hit us with
his walking-stick, or name some smelly weed after us. Alas he died 225
years ago, so we will never know.

Fortunately there still is good old Lao Tze: "When giving names, one
should know when to cease. Who has this wisdom will become imperishable"

Cheers,

Jan

Dr. Jan Bosselaers
"Dochterland", R. novarumlaan 2
B-2340 Beerse, Belgium               tel / fax 32-14-615896
home: dochterland at pandora.be  /  hortipes at dochterland.org
work: jbossela at janbe.jnj.com
web: http://www.dochterland.org/ or http://wyith.ch/home/dochterland.org/

"You know I used to lose my mind, but now I'm old, now I'm free...
I see waves break in foams on my horizons, I'm shining..." The Chemical Brothers