author of the name

David J at
Mon Jul 14 16:36:15 CDT 2003

In addition to Doug and Rich's comments

In terms of links to authority information, we should be preparing for the
emergence of (a) central resource/s capable of accumulating this information
and making it dynamically available to those who need it. General aggregators
such as Species2000, ITIS, or indexers such as uBio, have a key role to play.
This repository would be accessible through the internet, would be scrutinised
and maintained by the taxonomic community, but each element could be
crossmapped to other elements of taxonomic (or non taxonomic) knowledge.  Such
a structure will reduce the workload on individuals and should improve quality.

David Patterson

--
David J. Patterson
School of Biological Sciences