Phylocode

Wed Oct 1 10:00:04 CDT 2003

At 04:13 PM 10/1/03 +0200, Hendrik Segers wrote:
>Recently I've picked up bits and pieces of news regarding the ongoing
>development of the phylocode (see http://www.ohiou.edu/phylocode/),
>including information that a conference will be organized next year during
>which the the people responsible for this phylocode hope to be able to
>declare that the rules would start taking effect.
>Does anybody not involved in the development of this code have a fair idea
>of how much general support there is for the initiative?

Well, *I* consider it right up there with Phlogiston Theory and Lysenkoism
in terms of how far it will set science back ...

Does that answer your question?

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: