hyphenated names

Adolf Ceska aceska at TELUS.NET
Tue Oct 28 01:39:37 CST 2003

International Code of Botanical Nomenclature - Preambles

7. The rules and recommendations apply to all organisms traditionally
treated as plants, whether fossil or non-fossil, e.g., blue-green algae
(Cyanobacteria; fungi, including chytrids, oomycetes, and SLIME MOULDS;
photosynthetic protists and taxonomically related non-photosynthetic groups.
Provisions for the names of hybrids appear in App. I.

Adolf Ceska, Victoria, BC, Canada
BEN archive: http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/ben/
Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you think it will take,
even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law."