Traits and/or states

Thu Oct 30 13:46:29 CST 2003

At 11:34 AM 10/30/03 -0800, Kirk Fitzhugh wrote:
>Assuming you are a realist, a flower does exist as an observer-independent
>object. But the statement, "I see a flower with red petals," is a
>theory-laden construct intended to convert one's sense perceptions into a
>familiar conceptual framework about what exists around us.

What we have here is a $200 answer to a fifty cent question ...

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: