synonomies

Fri Sep 5 07:40:56 CDT 2003

At 09:41 AM 9/5/03 +1200, Geoff Read wrote:
>Not a web site but an interesting method of presentation is to be found in
>the monograph by Licher* on a large genus of syllid polychaetes. I haven't
>seen it elsewhere. He put a big effort into making clear what was what,
>using various tag symbols - double arrow tagging each different name
>combination dealt with in chronological order with all its records, then
>normal arrow indicating its placement into another species by another
>author but not agreed to by him, and a bold arrow indicating either his
>decision on the 'correct' placement or that of a prior author he accepts also.

Wow.  Arrows???

Wouldn't just be a LOT easier to adopt the botanical style of author
citation, e.g., Penstemon hirsutus (L.) Willd.?

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: