[HERBARIA] accreditation of herbaria

Thu Sep 4 10:11:31 CDT 2003

At 09:57 AM 9/4/03 -0500, Alison Mahoney wrote:

 >>My herbarium will likely never have a full-time curator<<

Um, that's *you*, isn't it?

I know you have teaching and other duties, but the point is, you are a
full-time employee responsible for curation.  That would seem to be a
"full-time curator" even if you only get a few hours a week to work on
collections directly.  If by "full-time curator" we mean someone with
SOLELY curatorial duties, a LOT of herbaria would fail to qualify.

Tom Lammers

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu
phone:      920-424-1002
fax:           920-424-1101

Plant systematics; classification, nomenclature, evolution, and biogeography
of the Campanulaceae s. lat.

Webpages: