chloroplast and other genes (was Lucy in Newsweek)

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Tue Apr 6 18:45:19 CDT 2004

At 15:56 2004-04-06, HJJACOBSON at AOL.COM wrote:
>While you're at it, perhaps you should also ask if there is any inherited
>material the isn't phylogentically informative. I think a couple of folks have
>expressed reservation about the value of some genetic material such as
>chloroplasts.

All inherited information is phylogenetically informative, but as Rich
points out, we may not know in any given case how to interpret the information.

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062