FW: New from CBIT - Fact Sheet Fusion
Neil.Snow at UNCO.EDU
Thu Dec 16 20:06:10 CST 2004
This product in my view has huge implications regarding the ease and speed by which information can be collated for incorporation into interactive keys, especially (but not just) as it relates to automatic conversion and re-sizing of images.
From: CBIT News [mailto:news at cbit.uq.edu.au]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 5:25 PM
To: Snow, Neil
Subject: New from CBIT - Fact Sheet Fusion
Centre for Biological Information Technology Product News <http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/mail/fusion/images/banner.gif>
New product release <http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/mail/fusion/images/text_release.gif>
The University of Queensland <http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/mail/fusion/images/UQlogo.gif>
Fact Sheet Fusion <http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/mail/fusion/images/product.jpg>
Fact Sheet Fusion
This newly released software tool facilitates the rapid generation of standardised fact sheets in HTML or XML.
Fact Sheet Fusion provides a fast and effective way to generate high quality fact sheets, without requiring multi-media skills. Users can rapidly produce these fact sheets by following four simple steps.
1. Define a set of topics that will form the structure of each fact sheet.
2. Input text for each topic for each entity (or object) for which a fact sheet is to be created.
3. Attach image files related to each entity.
Once these three steps have been completed, the final step is to choose a template design, click on a button and Fact Sheet Fusion automatically generates the fact sheets. Screenshots <http://www.cbit.uq.edu.au/mail/fusion/images/bar-graphic.gif>
As a part of the fact sheet creation process, Fact Sheet Fusion can:
* automatically convert and resize images
* create an entity index page
* create a glossary page
* cross link entities listed within other entity fact sheets
* cross link glossary terms found within fact sheets
* cross link glossary terms found in other glossary definitions
* cross link entities found within glossary definitions
* transform fact sheets as HTML or XML
How much does it cost?
Cost: $295.00 * (Australian dollars) per licence.
Network licences are also available. Please e-mail enquires at cbit.uq.edu.au
Prices are exclusive of GST. If within Australia please add 10% GST and AU$9 postage and handling. For all other destinations please add AU$15 postage and handling. Prices are subject to change without notice.
How do I order Fact Sheet Fusion?
You can buy it online <http://shop.cbit.uq.edu.au/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=89> - <http://shop.cbit.uq.edu.au/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=89> Purchase Fact Sheet Fusion
Print out and complete an order <http://www.lucidcentral.org/fusion/FusionOrderForm.pdf> form (PDF)* <http://www.lucidcentral.org/fusion/FusionOrderForm.pdf> PDF and then either:
fax to: +61 7 3365 1855
or mail to:
Centre for Biological Information Technology
Level 6, Hartley-Teakle Building
The University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072
* The free Adobe (Acrobat) Reader is required to view the order form. If you have any difficulties in opening the order form download <http://www.adobe.com.au/products/acrobat/readstep2.html> the latest version from the Adobe web site.
Where can I find out more information?
To read more about Fact Sheet Fusion, to view an on-line demonstration and an on-line version of the Help File, or to download the trial edition please visit www.lucidcentral.org/fusion
If you have other queries, please email <mailto:enquiries at cbit.uq.edu.au> enquiries at cbit.uq.edu.au.
Changing your details
If you are receiving information from us that is not in your area of interest or if you do not wish to receive any future material, you can update your details <http://www.lucidcentral.org/login2.aspx?id=e2hoTi> .
More information about the Taxacom