chilpotle

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Sat Jan 10 10:46:53 CST 2004

At 18:25 2004-01-10 +0000, Jacques Melot wrote:
>le mot
>anglais « firewire » est à peu près impossible à prononcer
>correctement par un Français sans entraînement particulier.

Or even in English. In the part of the US where I grew up, it would be
"fahrwahr", but I suspect in the northeast part of the country, many would
say "fahyuh wahyuh".

Ob. taxonomy, there are of course the wondrous multitudes of ways we all
pronounce Latin names. At least we are compelled to spell them alike!

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona       http://www.csupomona.edu/
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062