Amborellaceae or Nymphaeaceae first?

Richard.Zander at MOBOT.ORG Richard.Zander at MOBOT.ORG
Wed Jan 14 09:27:21 CST 2004

Take the actual nexus file for the original study that demonstrated that
Amborellaceae was basal, load into MacClade, and see if there are
unambiguous character states supporting it being basal (i.e. that all other
lineages are well supported as not being basal). I couldn't find any
unambiguous support. On the other hand, (1) there are apparently other
studies, and (2) maybe analysis isn't that simple.

______________________
Richard H. Zander
Bryology Group
Missouri Botanical Garden
PO Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
richard.zander at mobot.org <mailto:richard.zander at mobot.org>
Voice: 314-577-5180
Fax: 314-577-9595
Websites
Bryophyte Volumes of Flora of North America:
http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/bfna/bfnamenu.htm
Res Botanica:
http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/resbot/index.htm