De-arthropodization verified by fossil embryos?

Ken Kinman kinman2 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 18 18:36:41 CST 2004

Dear All,
     In a post here last year (05 May 2003), I first
publicly introduced the concept of
"De-arthropodization"--- that various taxa actually
evolved from arthropod with the loss of characters
which characterize Arthropoda.  I even suggested
nematodes might have evolved from tardigrades.
     Well, it seems that a recent article in Nature
provides some evidence that nematodes did evolve from
segmented (arthropod) ancestors.  See the comments of
Philip Donoghue at the end of the following report.
Now if we could only find evidence that certain other
worm "phyla" evolved from molluscs (as I have also
suggested here).  Maybe we should call that
de-molluscization"?  Anyway, here's the story if you
haven't see it yet:
 http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3393543.stm

     ------- Cheers, Ken Kinman