Hensel - Brazilian trip

Joe Kirkbride joe at NT.ARS-GRIN.GOV
Mon Jan 19 10:54:12 CST 2004

Papavero, N.  1973.  Essays on the history of Neotropical dipterology, vol.
II.  Museu de Zoologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo.

Page 296: From 1863-1866 he [Hensel] collected in Rio Grande do Sul,
especially Porto Alegre and the German colonies to the north of that city.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Zagury Vaz de Mello
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Sent: 1/18/04 6:55 PM
Subject: [TAXACOM] Hensel - Brazilian trip

Hi all:

can anyone give me some information on the itinerary and year of
Hensel's
trip to Brazil? I just have a note (on insectes he collected) with no
geographical details by F. Stein published in Berl. Ent. Zeit. in 1867.
thanks on advance;

Fernando

Fernando Z. Vaz-de-Mello
Instituto de Ecología, A.C.
División de Posgrado o/
Departamento de Ecología y Comportamiento Animal
Km 2.5 Carretera Antigua a Coatepec, 351
Congregación El Haya
91070 Xalapa, Veracruz
MEXICO

Tel. (+52) (228) 842 18 00 #4102