human origins

Ronaldo ralperin at TERRA.COM.BR
Thu Jan 22 08:06:15 CST 2004

Hello John,

"So in conclusion the paper is fairly representative of what I am reading
 in general. The chimpanzee relationship is presented as a fact. It is
 based on the presumption of genetic sequence similarity being the whole
 truth of phylogeny, and morphological considerations are rendered almost
 a foot note with the consequent lack of rigor in any connection being
 substantiated between living humans and other apes and purported fossil
 representatives. "

 Fully agreed! John, here in Brazil we have the same situation with
 the primates in general. Just see the huge number of papers regarding
 "Phylogenetic" relationships among Neotropical Primates. I have to
 ask; "Phylogenetic" or Molecular (with no explicit criteria)
 relationships?

 Ronaldo Alperin

--
Best regards,