short-lived plant

Albertine C Ellis-Adam ellis at SCIENCE.UVA.NL
Sun Jan 25 15:35:29 CST 2004

"Concerning the request for short-lived plants, I doubt if any would
beat Boerhaavia repens which Barbour's Terrestrial Plant Ecology book
(page 61 of the first edition) quotes Cloudsley-Thompson and Chadwick,
1964, Life in the deserts, as growing in the Sahara and going from seed
to seed in ten days."

Unfortunately I did not keep record of the name of the person who
posted this or the date.
Cheers, Albertine

  drs Albertine C. Ellis - Adam
University of Amsterdam
Hugo de Vries Laboratorium
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
dept. Experimental Plant Systematics
mail address: Pb 94062 / 1090 GB Amsterdam