Stolen web pages

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Mon Jan 26 07:37:24 CST 2004

At 07:06 2004-01-26 -0600, Joel Hallan wrote:
>I would like to bring up a very touchy subject.  What course can be taken if
>one finds that a web page he has published has been adopted into the web
>site of a supposedly professional person without even being asked to do so
>or being giiven credit for the original web page?

It has been my experience that universities and legitimate ISPs act quickly
to avoid copyright infringement, often shutting down a site while the
issues are sorted out.

If the site has been modified to disguise its origin (rather than just
copied outright), you should also look into http://www.pirated-sites.com/.

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062