Stolen web pages

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Mon Jan 26 07:48:49 CST 2004

At 09:42 2004-01-26 -0600, roger at HYAM.NET wrote:
>The bottom line is if you don't want your work "stolen" don't put it on the
>web. If you want to share your work widely then put it on the web and rely
>on peoples good will to credit you.

In general, I agree. A serious issue, though, is the "mirroring" of
outdated copies of web sites, so that Google searches (for example) will
often lead people who don't know of the legitimate site to accept the data
of the out-of-date pirated one.

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062