Botanical Web Wish List.

Snow, Neil Neil.Snow at UNCO.EDU
Mon Jan 26 10:51:57 CST 2004

To the wish list I would add on-line, interactive identification keys of large, poorly known genera.  Such keys need not be based on a comprehensive monograph or revision; "local" keys would still be helpful.  For example, I suspect taxonomists and ecologists in South America would be thrilled to have on-line keys of Croton, Eugenia, Myrcia, and any other mega-rich, poorly-known genus.  On-line is the way to go because it is free and very easy to update.  My personal software preference is Lucid but there are other programs available as well.  NS