Stolen web pages

Una Smith una at LANL.GOV
Mon Jan 26 11:30:15 CST 2004

For what it's worth, over the decades (!) I have had many web
pages and other documents "stolen" by others.  This has never
become a significant problem for me.  In most cases, the person
responsible promptly did as I asked, and removed the page or
gave credit.  If not, the ISP promptly shut down the person's
website.  I believe that in most cases the person meant well
but was merely ignorant or grossly misinformed about what is
"fair use", "free", "public" vs "public domain", etc.

Be happy, don't worry.

        Una Smith

Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS K-710, Los Alamos, NM  87545