Stolen web pages

Jan Bosselaers dochterland at PANDORA.BE
Mon Jan 26 21:34:25 CST 2004

I have exactly the same experience: people are in most cases
well-meaning but ignorant about what "fair use" is. When you point it
out to them, they are almost always quick to correct things.

Best regards,

Jan

Una Smith wrote:

>For what it's worth, over the decades (!) I have had many web
>pages and other documents "stolen" by others.  This has never
>become a significant problem for me.  In most cases, the person
>responsible promptly did as I asked, and removed the page or
>gave credit.  If not, the ISP promptly shut down the person's
>website.  I believe that in most cases the person meant well
>but was merely ignorant or grossly misinformed about what is
>"fair use", "free", "public" vs "public domain", etc.
>
>Be happy, don't worry.
>
>        Una Smith
>
>Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS K-710, Los Alamos, NM  87545

Dr. Jan Bosselaers
"Dochterland", R. novarumlaan 2
B-2340 Beerse, Belgium               tel / fax 32-14-615896
home: dochterland at pandora.be  /  hortipes at dochterland.org
work: jbossela at janbe.jnj.com
web: http://www.dochterland.org/ or http://wyith.ch/home/dochterland.org/

"You know I used to lose my mind, but now I'm old, now I'm free...
I see waves break in foams on my horizons, I'm shining..." The Chemical Brothers