polarizing embryo sac characters, etc.

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Wed Jan 28 11:50:45 CST 2004

At 11:06 2004-01-28, Ken Kinman wrote:
>It would have been better if I had referred to it as haploid "nutritive
>tissue" in gymnosperms.

Or perhaps "female gametophyte". An important distinction (and one about
which I don't know the details in these groups) is whether the cells of a
nutritive tissue are formed before fertilization (e.g. your average
"gymnopserm") or after and as a result of fertilization (your average
flowering plant).

Curtis Clark                  http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/
Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona       http://www.csupomona.edu/
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062

More information about the Taxacom mailing list