HTML formatting of keys

Paul Kirk p.kirk at CABI.ORG
Tue Jul 20 12:01:29 CDT 2004

Susan,

Simplest way is to save the document as html and code in any links to
species pages (and the links to the next couplet if it's a long key)
manually OR put it in a database and render the contents using ASP or PHP -
see http://www.speciesfungorum.org/Names/Key.asp?KeyID=1 as an example

Paul
Mycologist-Systematist
CABI Bioscience

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Farmer
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Sent: 20/07/04 19:24
Subject: Re: [TAXACOM] HTML formatting of keys

> Susan:
>
> WHY would anyone want to create dichotomous keys for digital
> environments when one has DELTA INTKEY,  LucID and other more powerful
> identification aids?

Because the key already exists; I need to make it available for the web
and at the moment, I have neither the time nor the inclination to
code up the key just so that I can make it interactive.

I agree -- I love interactive keys.  I have all of my Trillium
data in one.  This, however, is a different thing.  I've used Delta
since the early 90's

Susan