Death of Dr. Ted Barkley

Mary Barkworth Mary at BIOLOGY.USU.EDU
Sat Jul 24 09:44:00 CDT 2004

Dr. Luc Brouillet asked me to pass on the following message to TAXACOM.

From: Luc Brouillet [mailto:luc.brouillet at umontreal.ca]

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 9:21 AM

Dear colleagues:

It is my sad duty to inform you that our colleague Dr. Theodore M.
Barkley died suddenly this Saturday morning, at the age of 70. No one
expected such a sudden departure, and it comes as a shock to us all,
particularly the FNA Compositae Editors, since we had been working
intensely with him for the last 2 years and more.

His dedication to the Flora of North America project and the FNA
Association, as well as to

publication of the Compositae volumes, will be well remembered.

Please inform colleagues who might have known him well and would not yet
have been informed.

Yours sincerely,

Luc Brouillet

President, Flora of North America Association

PS: He is probably already trading bad jokes with Art Cronquist in the
herbarium in the sky (as he was fond of saying). I am sad he did not

see the FNA Comps finished. L.