shortest epithet

Wallnöfer Bruno at Mizzou1.Missouri.edu Wallnöfer Bruno at Mizzou1.Missouri.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:16:48 CST 2004

see also the genus: Aa (Orchidaceae)

----------------------------------
Dr. Bruno Wallnöfer
Curator of the Vascular Plant Collections
Naturhistorisches Museum
Botanische Abteilung
Burgring 7
A-1014 Wien
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-52177-556
Fax.: +43-1-52177-229
email: bruno.wallnoefer at nhm-wien.ac.at
homepage: http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/nhm/Botanik/wallnoefer.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter B. Phillipson [mailto:peter.phillipson at MOBOT.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:44 PM
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject: Re: shortest epithet

I think the genus Io, a genus of the Asteraceae described recently by Bertil
Nordenstam might get the prize!

Peter B. Phillipson
Africa and Madagascar Department
Missouri Botanical Garden
based at the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, France
Tel.: office +33 (0)1 40 79 33 71
        home +33 (0)1 64 09 26 80
        cell +33 (0)6 32 59 91 49
Fax: France +33 (0)1 40 79 33 42; US +1 (0) 707 897 7481