Understanding evolution problems

Richard.Zander at MOBOT.ORG Richard.Zander at MOBOT.ORG
Thu Mar 4 10:31:09 CST 2004

Nice point, but "our discipline"? "Systematics" is now phylogenetics and its
application to classification. The best phylogeneticists are also good
taxonomists, but Lammers' point remains valid.

______________________
Richard H. Zander
Bryology Group
Missouri Botanical Garden
PO Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
richard.zander at mobot.org <mailto:richard.zander at mobot.org>
Voice: 314-577-5180
Fax: 314-577-9595
Websites
Bryophyte Volumes of Flora of North America:
http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/bfna/bfnamenu.htm
Res Botanica:
http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/resbot/index.htm