Understanding evolution problems

John Noyes jsn at NHM.AC.UK
Fri Mar 5 12:30:29 CST 2004

Yes, and many of the best taxonomists/systematists only pay lip service to
phylogenetics.

John

At 10:35 AM 3/4/2004 -0700, Mary Barkworth wrote:
>And taxonomists do not ignore the findings of phylogeneticists, but I am
>not ready to buy that systematics = phylogenetics, one reason being that
>it narrows the interpretation of systemtics, unacceptably narrows it in
>my opinion.

John S. Noyes,
Department of Entomology,
The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road,
South Kensington,
London SW7 5BD
Tel.: +44 (0)207 942 5594    Fax.: +44 (0)207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about
chalcidoids and more):
www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/chalcidoids

Interactive catalogue and biological database of World Chalcidoidea on CD:
Contact the publisher: DickyS._Yu at telus.net, or Dicky S. Yu, P.O.Box 48205,
Bentall Centre, Vancouver B.C., V7X 1N8, CANADA;
see also www.taxapad.com

Annual course on "Taxonomy and biology of parasitic Hymenoptera":
www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/hymcours/