Specify 4.05 Now Available: the International Release

Beach, James H beach at KU.EDU
Mon Mar 15 18:02:04 CST 2004

Specify 4.05 is available now!

The Specify Software Project is delighted to announce the availability of our latest release, Specify 4.05, at our new web site: http://specifysoftware.org.

In this version, we 'internationalized' Specify with a multilingual interface. Specify's menus, data field labels, pop-up messages and other interface components can be translated into any Western European (ISO Latin-9) language.

We developed Specify's polyglot personality in collaboration with a consortium led by the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, and the Freie Universit├Ąt Berlin, which was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research within the GBIF-D Programme.

Built on the strength of the Specify 4.0 SQL Server release, Specify 4.05 also offers many new features, enhancements, and issue fixes. See the details in the Specify 4.05 Release Notes (http://www.specifysoftware.org/specify/release_notes/).  All current Specify users should upgrade to Specify 4.05. Please read the Installation Guide (http://www.specifysoftware.org/specify/installationguide) carefully before downloading and installing Specify.

Our next release, Specify 4.1, will include an embedded DiGIR server for serving specimen data in XML Darwin Core schema format.

Specify is an MS Windows-based collection data management system for biological museums and herbaria.

Please e-mail or call if you would like additional information about using or customizing Specify for your collection.

Specify Software Project
Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard