Dan Janzen's loneliness (was [TAXACOM] clade Muscomorpha)

Lyn.Craven at CSIRO.AU Lyn.Craven at CSIRO.AU
Wed Mar 24 15:55:56 CST 2004

I hope that Dan Janzen is multifaceted, because I place myself beside him too, and for the same reason that Don so excellently expressed.

Lyn Craven

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----Original Message-----
From: Taxacom Discussion List [mailto:TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU]On
Behalf Of Colless, Donald (Entomology, Black Mountain)
Sent: Wednesday, 24 March 2004 3:40 PM
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject: [TAXACOM] clade Muscomorpha

For the record, should Dan Janzen feel lonely, I place myself firmly by his side. Not as anti-cladistics, but as anti-those-cladists who insist that their doubtful inferences should completely displace all other considerations in taxonomy.

Don Colless,
Div of Entomology, CSIRO,
GPO Box 1700,
Canberra. 2601.