New Lucy

Ken Kinman kinman2 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 26 09:24:52 CST 2004

Hi John,
     This new Lucy painting is interesting, but I wonder how much you have explored a third (often neglected) phylogeny:

       Orangutans (Humans (chimps + gorillas)).

  In this case, you would also expect to find orangutan features in Lucy.  And this phylogeny would also maintain the African clade.

      But what most bothers me about the proposed orangutan + human clade is that you have yet to present any molecular evidence to back up the morphological evidence.  Until then, I have to remain skeptical.
           --- Good luck,
                         Ken